Sleep Well With Your Glastonbury Ear Plugs
The UK’s biggest music festival, Glastonbury, is just weeks away. If you’re going to hit one of the UK’s great festivals this summer, see details of our offer at the end of this post.
As thousands of lucky ticket holding Britons, and guests from around the world, flock to Worthy Farm in Somerset, music, partying and going crazy will be high on the agenda. With a line ups including Metallica, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, Skrillex, Kelis, The Black Keys, Ed Sheeran, John Newman, Ellie Goulding, and even Dolly Parton, not much sleep will be had. But even party animals need to crash at some point and when they do, they’ll want to get the best sleep that they possibly can. This is where we can help.
If you’ve ever camped at a festival then you’ll know that camp sites produce a veritable jungle of sounds from pumping music (after all, it is a musical festival) to late night banter, squeals, shrieks and all manner of noises you’d probably rather not think about. That’s all part of the fun, but every now and again some quality shut-eye is important. This is where ear plugs can make all the difference so you can lie back and ensure you get some decent sleep before hitting the party again. Kipling probably wasn’t thinking of Glasto when he said, “If you can keep your head when all about you, are losing theirs…” – but he could well have been: the message is to get your rest when you can.
Go Casual or Look Professional?
If you are into music in a big way, you may already have a set of custom moulded noise filters favourited by professional musicians. If you don’t, custom-made ER15 Noise filters are ideal for most musicians or musical environments. This is because they reduce the sound of amplified music nice and evenly, so the music sounds right, while providing 15 decibels of protection. All off the feeling and ambience with, less of the headache.
And if you’re a first timer or a little more causal about things, foam earplugs are better than nothing. They are not really our bag, for lots of very good reasons (we’ll explain more in a future post), but they are an option. If nothing else, when the latrines get a bit whiffy, you may find them better up your nose…
Don’t Lose Your Plugs
You’re probably thinking, “What if I lose my ear plugs in my tent? No problem – here are our tips for festival campers:
- Take some earplugs with you – they are light, small and may just save your festival experience.
- Once you take out your ear plugs, put them inside your pillow case. This means that if you fall asleep without them and wake up due to the noise, you’ll know exactly where they are and won’t have to get up to find them. Just stick your hand in your pillow case and they’ll be in there – easy and convenient aural protection.
- If you have custom made noise filters, keep them clean and in the pouch provided – apart from anything else, this makes them easier to find.
- Take a spare set – if you do have your customs with you, a backup pair of foam bungs are acceptable, but a pair of ER-20 filters are better.
- Win some friends – take a spare set for them! After all, you may be the one making the noise!
So that’s one less thing to worry about! When you wake up, get dressed, put your make up on, slide on your wellyboots and hit the party looking fresher than ever, people will think you’ve just arrived! And you’ll have all the energy in the world for round 2, 3, 4 or 5 at Glastonbury. Enjoy the event!
The PERFECTfit Festival Offer
If you’re into music and festivals, but really don’t like the idea of losing a lovely new set of cutom plugs to the mud, then our FitFestival offer is for you.
Download one of our PERFECTfit money saving vouchers for NOISEPRO custom noise plugs. Simply print it and write “fit festival” on it. Then, when you order a set of PERFECTfit NOISEPRO custom made earplugs, we will send 4 pairs of foam plugs with your order.
Please note that it will take us a couple of days to make your personal plugs, so if you are going to Glastonbury (you lucky devil you), you need to get moving!
- Download the voucher
- Print it
- Write “fit festival”
- Order as usual from your local PERFECTfit partner
- We’ll send you 4 pairs of foam plugs with your order – totally free
Please note this offer is for PERFECTfit NOISEPRO products only purchased through a PERFECTfit partner
Now go and have fun!