NIHL Testing with PC Werth
Noise Induced Hearing Loss is becoming bigger news these days – research does indicate that kids are blowing their hearing out with iPods, after all. this is just one reason why we created PERFECTfit custom products (and that the lab makes a cracking product).
So what is the correct tool to check NIHL out with? Assuming you have a Sound Level Meter (like the KM6), you can consider a dosimeter to assess the environment. After that, we generally suggest one of the following audiometers – which are all portable screening tools:
- MAICO MA25 – robust, basic, user friendly
- Kamplex KMS1 – super small and portable with freefield and headset. Portable printer too: our most portable device.
- Otovation Amplitude T4 – wireless, PC based screener: a good choice
- Otovation Otopod – Wireless, portable, PC based with speech: A great tool for comprehensive diagnostic audiology
- FIM ADL20 – PC based and automatic with HSE categorisation: worth looking at for occupational health
That said, our audiology customers love their Otopods. The below is typical (and short, but sweet)
Sent: 10 March 2013 23:05
Subject: RE: QuickSin Otopod
Any update on this yet?
The Otopod is brilliant for a quick audio working mobile – Doing loads of NIHL cases with it.
It’s easy to find out more – just email the PC Werth Healthcare Team us for information on any of the above – including custom fit noise protection.